Monday, May 26, 2008

Cargo Bike Ride Memorial Day 2008

And “what is a cargo bike?”

That’s the first question and why I fumbled a bit at the beginning trying to decide which bike it was, but after the cooler didn’t fit in the front basket of the 420 Bike and following the part where I realized that one thing a person can offer is capacity, it became obvious to me that Haulin’ Colin #3 was the one I wanted to bring along today on the Cargo Bike Ride and I’m awfully glad I did.

Today’s answer included a bunch of Xtracycles, including a pair Big Dummies, but also a bunch of bikes with racks and many with even less.

What I liked best was hanging out at the Pig and the relaxed cruise over to West Seattle and the part where an endless bounty of picnic goodies kept unfolding before our very eyes; I got to ride a couple different bikes and I talked to several people I always wanted to and several more who I usually want to talk more to and by about 4:45 in the afternoon we were on our way back downtown so I could be at home in time for a couple more episodes of “Flight of the Conchords” and an adequate amount of shut-eye before school tomorrow.

Haulin’ Colin trailer #3 performed marvelously, and tie-wearing Joseph had number Five with his cool doghouse stereo system; the weather got progressively warmer until the nicest thing to do was stand in the shade, merely bathing one’s forearms in the sunlight.

I ate a sauerkraut sandwich and drank a handful of cans of Rolling Rock and eventually a group of us rode up the hill from Lincoln Park and across the bridge; I’m sure Jackson Street was reasonably crowded and certainly more so than the I-5 express lanes will be when we eventually fulfill Lee’s plan to do an after hours time trial from Lake City to downtown, but not today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home