Saturday, December 29, 2007

Picks of the Week

It’s the last week of the regular season, so all bets are off, except the several I’ve made that seem certain to extend my winning streak (5 out of the last 6 against the spread) into the post-season where, we shall see, my early on 25-1 shot pick of the Steelers to win the Superbowl will most certainly come to fruition, earning me not only five hundred bucks but bragging rights for the next eight or nine months to come.

But anyway, first of all, (and probably most of all), I like the Giants +13.5 at home against the Patriots. Sure, they’ve got nothing to play for and sure the hated Cheatriots want to continue their unbeaten string, but I dunno: New England is too busy looking past this game; the players were out all night partying in the Big Apple, and the Times today assures me that the Giants are going for victory; moreover, Eli Manning owes me one for coming through in Buffalo last weekend, much to my surprise.

In other games, I’m going against my long-standing admonition not to bet on Steelers’ games, but what the hell, they’re only -3 against the Ravens, who have lost to both the Dolphins and the Seahawks in recent weeks. Granted, Baltimore is playing for pride, but Pittsburgh is in it for playoff seeding and even if they rest Roethlisgberger, I’ll put my money on Charlie Batch over Kyle Boller any day.

In a similar sort of game, I like the Colts +5 at home! against the Titans. Soft as Indianapolis may be, and hungry as Tennessee surely is, we’re still talking the reigning Superbowl champ in the dome against a squad fighting for a wild card spot.

Finally, I’m banking on the Seahawks +1 at Atlanta. Yes, Seattle sucks on the road, and yes, they’ve got their playoff spot locked up, but I think Atlanta just wants this year to be over and will play like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home