Sunday, December 23, 2007

Clinched

Did I call that Cleveland-Cincinnati game or what? I knew the Brownies were going down; hooray for the Bungles; let’s vote them a partial playoff share, okay?

Not.

So, it looks like the Steelers will get either the Browns or the Titans in the first playoff game; I think Pittsburgh stacks up reasonably well against either; all things considered, though, I’d prefer facing Tennessee. Having already beaten Cleveland twice this year, the Black and Gold may be vulnerable to some fluky shit; it’s notoriously difficult for one team to defeat another three times in a season; and given that the Brownies were a missed field goal away from sending the second of the two contests between the division rivals into overtime, I’ll take Jeff Fisher’s squad over the Romeo Crenel’s, although if it were pie eating event, I’d put my money on the big fella in the dirt-colored garb.

But wait; I may have spoken—that is, written—too soon. There’s a reasonably good chance that the Steelers will face Jacksonville again on Wild Card weekend. But, if so, I’m not worried at all. Even though the Jagoffs pretty much dominated Pittsburgh last week, it won’t happen again. It was Polamalu’s first game after several off for an injury; Pittsburgh was feeling cocky having been undefeated at home, and I never vacuumed, although I did do some mopping and cleaning.

The best news about this is that next week’s game against Baltimore doesn’t matter much, especially since Pittsbugh’s home playoff win, whether it comes against the five or six seed is all but in the bag.

And for those who say the three seed (either the Chargers or the Steelers depending on what happens between now and next Sunday) gets to avoid playing New England for an extra week, I say, “Bring on the Pats!” Having crumbled magnificently against New England in week 14, Pittsburgh is poised to crush them next time around.

Brady first, then Manning.

Then, Favre.

1 Comments:

Blogger MattyMattMatt said...

Enjoy it now steel boy. come playoffs, you and those girls in black are going to be watching them on TV after the first round.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home