Saturday, December 22, 2007

Some More Picks

I keep expecting the Cleveland Browns to come crashing back down to earth and this, I think, is their week to do it, against cross-state rivals, Cincinnati. The Bengals are +3 at home, which I take to be a particularly good bet given that they’ll probably win straight out. Cincinnati’s got nothing else to play for; this is their playoff game; and besides, if Cleveland loses, the Steelers clinch the division.

I can’t believe the Colts are only -7 at home against the Texans. Sure, Dungy may be resting his starters to get his lineup set for the playoffs, but if Indianapolis doesn’t win by at least two touchdowns, I’ll be shocked.

I’m taking the Bills +3 at home against the Giants. We’re talking Buffalo in December here; I don’t see the little Manning being able to man it up in the cold and the Bills, still vaguely in the hunt for a wild card spot will be psyched to crush their big city rivals.

I’m tempted to take the Seahawks -11 at home against the Ravens, but Seattle has been awfully inconsistent and the Ravens will be going all out after losing to Miami last weekend, so the game may end up closer than the oddsmakers think.

Same thing with the Chargers -8.5 at home against the Broncos. You never know which Denver team will show up and even though San Diego might be playing as well as anyone in the league right now, all it takes is a couple turnovers and the outcome could go either way. As I type this, though, I’m changing my mind; I think I’m going to add the Chargers to one of my parlays.

With no Steelers game this weekend, I’ve got nothing to really root for except the bets, so I may as well add one more.

I think I’ll go with Carolina +10.5 tonight against the Pokes; maybe Jessica Simpson will show up; if so, it’s a lock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home