Saturday, December 08, 2007

No Steelers Action

The Steelers are plus 10.5 points against the Patriots tomorrow; had I not learned my lesson not to bet on my favorite team, I’d be on that like ugly on the proverbial ape; even though New England is bound to have something to prove after barely squeaking by against Philly and Baltimore, I think the Black and Gold will be even more up for the game and the only reason I’m not going to put money on them is that I don’t want to be secretly mollified if they lose by less than a touchdown and a field goal—which they won’t, by the way: final score, and you heard it here first, Pittsburgh 21, New England 17; Brady and Moss are going down!

My sure bet of the weekend is the Lions +11 at home against the Cowpokes; this is the weekend that Romo gets exposed as the second-rate quarterback he actually is and that Terrell Owens reverts to his crybaby ways.

Another game I like is the Jets +3.5 at home against Cleveland. This is the same New York team that stuck it to the Steelers at the Meadowlands; plus Cleveland stunk it up in Arizona last weekend; I think they’re reverting to form as lousy.

I also like the Packers against the Raiders, even though Favre’s gang is -10.5; but it’s at home and tomorrow's forecast for Green Bay is snow showers.

And I’m pulling for Minnesota -8.5 at San Francisco. Their rookie running back Adrien Peterson is back; the Vikings are on a winning streak and the 49ers never win the day before a new moon. (I just made that up, but it might be true).

Just for the heck of it, I’m going to do a parlay of these four home teams who are underdogs: Lions, Titans, Texans, and Ravens. Five bucks pays almost sixty if I win, more than enough to make up for rooting in favor of a team from Texas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home