Monday, December 06, 2010

Worked

I pulled out all the stops for yesterday’s Steelers-Ravens game.

First, I rose when I was still a bit foggy, so I could do the week’s shopping in a timely manner and before the grocery store got all crowded.

Upon returning home, I completed my least favorite chore, scooping up all the dog shit in the yard, an activity I hardly think of as the most glamorous aspect of pet ownership, but certainly one required of me should I have had any hope whatsoever that the Black and Gold would prevail.

Speaking of chores, I then spent a couple hours grading almost all the leftover papers students had submitted late; I realized I was taking a chance by leaving a few for later, but enough was enough.

Next, I took out all the trash and recycling, even emptying the wastebasket in my downstairs office, an occurrence that only happens a couple times each year.

Naturally, vacuuming was called for; and I didn’t just do the rugs. I also sucked up all the dog hair and dust kitties on the hardwood, making sure I touched upon the molding and other nooks and crannies.

And if that weren’t enough, just to be on the safe side, I scrubbed out the toilets in both bathrooms and sprayed a bit of Windex around to shine things all up.

As game time approached, I made a quick run to the supermarket, stocking up on not just a six, but indeed, a twelve-pack of Rolling Rock.

Near kickoff, I cleared away everything on the coffee table, laid out Terrible Towel and carefully placed both my mom and dad’s watches on top of it, with their wedding rings balanced on each timepiece’s crystal. I got their framed photo and turned it towards the TV so they could watch.

At halftime, with the Steelers losing, I made Primanti Brothers sandwiches for the family; apparently, that was the key: the second half was all Pittsburgh.

Mission accomplished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home