Saturday, March 13, 2010

Haulin' Colin Trailer Prototype


I picked up the prototype trailer from Haulin’ Colin today and it’s absolutely stunning.

Major bling: the decision to go with diamond plate for the trailer bed was definitely the way to go, even if it made materials a tad more expensive.

Colin says the rig looks like a fire engine; he’s right—I’d like to get a Dalmation to sit in the thing for our publicity photos.

On the way home from the Bike Swap, where I picked the prototype up, I had four or five people stop to comment on it; on guy said that I ought to be able to sell “a gajillion” of the things.

Would be nice.

The trailer holds special appeal, I think, for people living on or close to the street; two of the people who’s eyes boggled at the thing seemed to be coveting it as a solution to their struggles with homelessness. I’d love for the gubment to buy tons of them to give to folks as a way to get their lives together; not the first target audience, but in the long-term, I can’t think of a better use for them.

I’ve got to get some good pictures taken now to start creating and advertisement and business cards and the like. While I do believe the units will “sell themselves,” I’ve probably got to offer a little bit in the way of assistance.

Retail price is going to be set at $750.00, with free shipping. In the Seattle area, I hope to be able to offer free delivery, ideally by bike!

I’m fretting a bit about where to store the units when they’re all done; I suppose the best thing would be that they’re all pre-sold so that I don’t have to worry about where to put them at all.

If that’s going to happen, though, I’d better get on it; problem is, I’d rather ride around town with the prototype than sit indoors and do work.

2 Comments:

Blogger Deb's Lunch said...

Wow that is some spiff trailer. I think I should sell my car and buy one.
xo, deb

4:37 PM  
Blogger Alistair said...

Dave, the trailer is awesome like you say. I saw it at the bike swap and thought that Colin did a fine job.
Very nice.

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home