Thursday, July 05, 2007

Up and Out

I'm here Santa Fe for a three day workshop called "Liberation Through Yoga and Buddhism" (whatever that means) and I wanted to bring my bike, so on Monday, when I took Jen and Mimi to the airport, I dropped off the bike box I'm borrowing at the airport luggage storage; my plan was to ride the Quickbeam to the bus stop and take Metro to the airport, where I would then retrieve the box and pack up my bike for the plane. The one wrinkle was that since I was traveling on July 4th, the bus would be on holiday schedule and so to catch a ride in time for my 7:20 AM flight, I would have to leave the stop downtown at 4:56 AM.

No problem, I set my alarm for 3:50, which would give me plenty of time to get up, do a few stretches, and shave before heading out at 4:30 or so for the 10 minute ride down Jackson Street to the bus stop.

I had been out on a .83 ride Tuesday night; I didn't overindulge, but I was a little tipsy and slightly stoned when I retired. Fortunately, I did have the presence of mind to get all packed and lay my stuff out by the door before going to sleep because when I awake Wednesday morning, it wasn't as a result of my alarm going off and it wasn't 10 minutes until four.

Slightly disoriented, I pick up my clock and read 4:40!

Fuck! I'm fucked!

I leap out of bed, do a quick teeth brush, throw on my clothes, grab all my stuff (making sure I've got my wallet, at least), leap on my bike, race down Jackson Street, and arrive at the bus stop thirty seconds before it pulls up. I'm shaking, still not quite sure I'm not dreaming, but I've made it.

I just hope I didn't leave the water running in the bathroom.


194/327
To go: 133
Days remaining: 179

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home