Saturday, September 17, 2005

Holotropic Breathwork Workshop

Today I attended a holotropic breathwork workshop. This entailed, essentially, lying on the floor for three hours hyperventilating while loud music played. The experience, designed to induce a psychedelic state in participants (at least that was my hope) worked as advertised. I felt like I went on a three hour acid trip; now I feel like I spent the afternoon tripping.

The overriding character of my experience was a sense of remembering that all consciousness in the universe is one. I felt a melting away of the boundaries between the other people in the room and myself; more poignantly, I felt a direct connection with my father and mother, both of whom are no longer alive.

As I began to move into a “non-ordinary” state of consciousness through the breathwork, I experienced the palpable presence of both my mom and my dad. My mom invited me into the other-wordly realm where my experience seemed to be taking place. She was a young woman, probably in her thirties or so, very poised. My father was there, too; he seemed in his early forties or so; he was educated and sophisticated and almost impatient that I was coming to the realization of timelessness and oneness so slowly.

I saw clearly how our consciousnesses are all combined, that they are me and I am them and that I am repeating this same energy transfer with my daughter. It was manifestly obvious to me that the boundaries of our beings are just an illusion and that time and space don’t really exist, either.

At one point, I had a vision of a magnificent sunlight landscape where all was peace and prosperity. I wondered how I could enter into this landscape without harming it.

Later, I was floating safely in the womb. I knew that I could journey into the light when I was ready, but as I curled securely into a fetal position, I was in no hurry whatsoever to leave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home